Tag Archives: brevard

Communication is Key!

Communicating with a child of any age can be wonderful, frustrating, or a mixture of both.  Whether your child is only giving you one word answers (i.e. “fine”) or they won’t stop telling you about Pokemon Go, communication is everything at all ages.  In an age when we often communicate via a text message, email, or posting on social media, it is becoming even more important to ensure we are intentionally communicating and connecting with our children.  Below are some things to remember as you communicate with your child. Continue reading Communication is Key!

Seven Most Common Myths About Math Lab

What is Math Lab? Who is it for? When is it open? Mr. Bonanza, Upper School math instructor and Math Lab coach, dispels the most common myths among students and parents about this fantastic, yet under-utilized, academic coaching opportunity.

Myth #1: Only students who are having trouble in math should go to Math Lab.

Truth: Any student who would like help with or even just a space dedicated to completing assignments, studying for tests, preparing for SAT/ACT, can benefit from Math Lab.

It’s also an opportunity for students to get answers to their questions without having to wait until the next day’s class. It can be very frustrating for a student to feel confident about an assignment when leaving class, only to start the homework assignment at home and have limited options when he or she gets stuck. In fact, research into the science of learning suggests that having a false confidence about a topic is very detrimental to the learning process. The Math Lab addresses that problem sooner, rather than later. Continue reading Seven Most Common Myths About Math Lab

Five Ways to Save Money Toward Your Child’s Tuition with Scrip

Scrip is a program offered by Holy Trinity in which you can purchase gift cards at full price and the vendor of the card gives a percentage back to the school. At the conclusion of the Scrip year (May 30, 2017), 90 percent of what you earn will be given to you as a rebate off your tuition bill for the 2017-18 academic year. The remaining 10 percent is contributed to the Financial Aid Fund, so the school benefits as well! The amount contributed to the Financial Aid Fund is tax deductible to you!

You can increase your Scrip benefits by taking advantage of the following tips: Continue reading Five Ways to Save Money Toward Your Child’s Tuition with Scrip