by Michelle Salyer, Communications & Marketing Manager
Whether you’re new to Holy Trinity or you’ve been around for years, it’s sometimes hard to keep up with everything going on at school. When is fall break? Where can I find the homework? Why didn’t I receive the email everyone else did? Here’s a quick guide to keeping up with communications at HT.
- onCampus. onCampus is the parent portal of our website, htacademy.org. The majority of parent information is housed on the website, inside the login. Here, you’ll be able to find teacher pages for each class, homework assignments, your child’s grades and report cards, a calendar that’s specific to your child’s assignments, sports and activities, and important documents like the Family Handbook.
Through the onCampus messaging system, your child’s teachers and club advisors may send individual and group messages. If you’re not logging into onCampus, you may be missing important information about classwork, upcoming tests or club meetings! You can also use onCampus to send messages directly to faculty and staff – simply go to the Messages menu and Compose a New Message, or look up the name in the onCampus Faculty & Staff Directory.
You may also receive emergency notifications via onCampus, for example, information regarding school closure due to a hurricane or other inclement weather. The login can be found on the homepage of our website, htacademy.org. If you or your student have trouble logging in, email our IT department at: email@example.com.
Tip: You can forward onCampus messages directly to your email or receive them as texts. Log in and go to the drop down menu beneath your name, then select Settings. On the left of the screen, go to the Account Settings area and select Notifications. Under Notification Settings, fill in the information under: “Select how you would like to receive notifications.” Next to Messages, select the box for Email or Text to select which types of onCampus messages you would like to forward.
- Emails. When information needs to be sent schoolwide, or to more than one class or grade level, for example, the recent “welcome back to school” letters from Mrs. Giangrisostomi and Dr. Kelce, it will be sent to you via email. Email is also the primary way we will communicate with you concerning an emergency such as a school closure. If you are not receiving emails from HT, please add the following emails to your address book: Communications@htes.org, Advancement@htes.org, Cobb@htes.org, Nancy.Giangrisostomi@htes.org (Upper School) and Jessica.Kelce@htes.org (Lower School).
- Weekly Family Newsletter. Each Friday around 2 p.m., you should receive an email version of our family newsletter. We’ve changed the format this year to be shorter, easier to scan and easier to view from your smart phone. Within the newsletter, you’ll find important dates such as parent coffees, school events, and major fundraisers, as well as links to student news, stories in the media and more. Every HT parent should already be receiving the newsletter automatically. If you’re not, please check your junk mail folder first, then email firstname.lastname@example.org. Past newsletters are now archived on our website under the Parent Resources button on the onCampus resource board.
- “Remind” Text Notifications. Text notifications are another way we communicate with you during an emergency, but you must opt in to receive these notifications. There are separate Remind notifications for: Lower School information and emergencies, Upper School student government/student information, and Upper School emergencies. To sign up, text the following messages to the number 81010 (be sure to include the @symbol in your message):
- Lower School information & emergencies: @e8hg3k
- Upper School student government: @htsg
- Upper School emergencies: @usnotify
- Naviance. Naviance is our web-based college counseling program that provides detailed and personalized career and college planning for students and parents. The counseling staff will use the program to send important emails to a targeted group of Upper School parents and students about college and counseling related topics, including college advising updates about relevant topics and events.
- Social Media. If you’re a social media user, be sure to follow Holy Trinity on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! You’ll not only be able to see fun photos of school activities during the school day, you’ll also learn more about student and faculty awards and accomplishments, see links to news stories about HT, receive reminders about events and sporting activities, and much, much more. We’ll also use social media as another way to communicate with you regarding emergencies. If you are the parent of an HT alum, please encourage your graduate to stay in touch via our alumni Facebook page.
Follow us here:
- Facebook: facebook.com/HolyTrinityEpiscopalAcademy andcom/HTEAAlumni/
- Instagram: instagram.com/hteatigers
- Twitter: twitter.com/HTEAMelbourneFL
- Website and Blog: Check back often to see new additions to our website, such as our new photo gallery and bios on our new teachers. You’ll also find a variety of school calendars on our home page, top right. In case of an emergency such as a school closure, we’ll also post a message across our homepage.
New blogs are published several times a month and feature articles from Holy Trinity faculty, staff – and sometimes students! Sign up on the Tiger Blog page to receive notifications when new blogs are posted.
Tip: If you’re looking for dates for school breaks, these can most easily be found on the “Academic Calendar” in the Calendars drop down menu.
- Call or Email Us: Add Holy Trinity to your list of “Favorite” contacts: 321-723-8323 (press 1 for Lower School, 2 for Upper School). School office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., so feel free to call us! Not sure who to ask? Email Communications@htes.org and we’ll pass along your inquiry to the correct person.