It’s that time again! Less than two weeks until school starts! Are you suddenly panicking? Have you gone back-to-school shopping? Do you know the dates, times, and locations of the back-to-school events for your school? Do you have a back-to-school schedule? Take a moment to breathe because we have a few tips to help ease that back-to-school transition!
1. Take advantage of tax-free weekend: You’re in luck! Your school shopping procrastination just saved you money! This weekend is tax-free school shopping weekend in the state of Florida! Check out this guide to tax-free shopping from Florida Today.
2. Check your school’s website, emails, and/or call their front office to find out important back to school event dates: Look for dates and times of orientations, back-to-school parent information sessions, and fun back-to-school family events, and don’t forget those sports tryouts that may be scheduled before the first day of school.
3. Check your school’s website and/or front office to ensure you have submitted everything your student needs to begin school in the Fall: Immunizations, bus registration, lunch orders, membership in the parent association, etc.
4. Think about and prepare a back-to-school schedule: Establish mealtimes, bedtimes, and alarm times. Plan hearty breakfasts in the morning and the extracurricular activities pickup schedule for the afternoon. Ensure your child knows his/her responsibilities – get dressed, pack lunch, prepare school supplies, etc. Check out this cute morning routine checklist for kids on Pinterest.
5. Stay calm and positive because it’s going to be a great year!
Important HTEA Back-to-School Events:
Upper School Orientation
Monday, August 11 – 9:00 AM: 9th and 10th Grade
Monday, August 11 – 11:00 AM: 11th and 12th Grade
Tuesday, August 12 – 8:30 AM: 7th Grade
Tuesday, August 12 – 11:00 AM: 8th Grade
Lower School Parent Sharing Conferences
Monday, August 11 and Tuesday, August 12 for K-6
Thursday, August 14 for Preschool and Prekindergarten
Schedule yours today: www.schoolbookings.net – event code 42F5Q
K-12 First Day of School: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Lower School Boo-Hoo/Woo-Hoo Coffee
Wednesday, August 13 7:30am-9:00am
Lower School Family Picnic
Saturday, August 16 11:00am-1:00pm in the Cub Cafe
First Day for 5-Day Preschool/Pre-K: Monday, August 18
First Day for 3-Day Preschool: Tuesday, August 19
Back to School Night
Lower School – Thursday, August 21, 6:00pm
Senior High – Thursday, August 28, 6:30 pm
Junior High – Wednesday, September 3, 6:30 pm